- eDreams ODIGEO customers now able to easily request their boarding passes on the app and receive them automatically and for free as soon as the check-in opens
- As mobile bookings continue to increase, eDreams ODIGEO new update to app set to relieve the stress of travelling
- Feature available for 80% of the flights offered by the Group, regardless of departure date and destination
Barcelona, 17th April 2019. eDreams ODIGEO, Europe’s largest online travel company, has implemented a seamless mobile app feature across all four of its apps (eDreams, Opodo, GO Voyages and Travellink), enabling travellers to automatically check in for their flights without having to wait for check-in times to open. In just one simple click and at no cost, app users can request their boarding passes to be sent to them prior to travelling, as soon as the check-in opens.
With this launch, eDreams ODIGEO is further strengthening its smart travelling offer for its 18.5+ million customers. The new feature offers customers greater peace of mind before and during their trips as they can now check-in for their flights without having to worry about deadlines to do so. The feature also helps travellers avoid airport queues at check-in counters, allowing them to go straight to luggage drop-off or security controls, thus simplifying and improving the travel experience. Other added-value services offered for free on its apps include real-time flight status notifications and an AR-powered hand luggage size checker.
The company prioritised the introduction of the feature to enhance and improve customer booking and travelling experience following its recent consumer research 1 , which ranked the moments prior to departure, including checking in, as the most stressful part of travelling.
Key features include:
- In one click app, users can request their boarding passes to be sent to them prior to travelling as soon as the check-in opens. Customers can also choose to automatically check-in for their return flights
- Customers who initially made their booking through desktop can also benefit from this service by downloading the app and logging on to the ‘My Trips’ area
- Travellers can import the boarding pass into their device’s wallet for the majority of airlines
- Available across the company’s mobile apps (iOS and Android) for its four OTA brands – eDreams, Opodo, GO Voyages and Travellink
- The new free feature can be requested any time after booking and applies to 80% of the flights offered by the Group, regardless of the departure dates and destination.
Christoph Dieterle, Chief Product & Retail Officer of eDreams ODIGEO, said “Our mission is to make travel easier and more accessible for our customers, with as little fuss as possible so they can enjoy maximum flexibility and minimum worry. We are constantly listening to their needs and one of the aspects they value most is comfort and ease throughout their booking and travel journey, particularly during the check-in process. That is why we work to provide consumers with the best technology so that they can organise their trips in a hassle-free way, and enjoy their holiday”.
About eDreams ODIGEO
eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18.5 million customers it serves across 43 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.